Vacationing in Grey Bruce can be done during any season of the year. Some areas have limited availability and or limited service offerings during the winter months but that only leaves more room for you! Although the area can be very busy during the summer months, fall winter and spring offer some exciting opportunities. Below you will find a few vacation ideas. These ideas are perfect for short trips to the region. For additional fantastic trip ideas, be sure to visit the Packages section of the site. 5 Trip Suggestions - 2 days or less If you don't have more than 2 days you will want to visit the following locations, then when you are ready for another trip or have a little more time you can explore all the other wonders in the region.
1. Tobermory & Star Gazing. Take a trip up to the tip of the peninsula and experience the crystal clear waters of Georgian Bay and Lake Huron. Get on a boat and visit Chantry Island. This is one of two areas left in Ontario without light pollution. Spread out a blanket, stretch out under the stars, and observe the mystery of the night skies. You will truly love this place.
2. Camping. If you like camping, be sure to visit Bruce Peninsula National Park. The park is famous for its spectacular 20km. ribbon of Niagara Escarpment cliff, adjacent to the deepest part of Georgian Bay.
3. Canoe or kayak on the Saugeen River. It flows 102 km from Hanover to Southampton. While paddling, take in the scenery with amazing views of the cliffs, wildlife and rolling countryside.
4. Lighthouse tour. This tour is a great way to see a big part of region and gain some insights into its history. Stretching from Point Clark in the south to Tobermory in the north, this is a 450 kilometres (280 miles) trip. The Lighthouse Tour features 15 distinctive lighthouse and marine heritage sites along the shores of Lake Huron and Georgian Bay. You will go through or pass the following places on your trip: Point Clark, Kincardine, Southampton, Cape Croker, Lions Head, Stokes Bay, Cabot Head, Bruce Peninsula National Park and Tobermory.
5. Romance Dinner Cruise. Take your sweetheart on a four-hour round dinner cruise sail aboard the MS Chi-Cheemaun. This Ship departs from the docks in Tobermory (the end of Hwy No.6). Experience breathtaking views as the sun sets over Georgian Bay. Enjoy the tantalizing selection of gourmet dishes available.